Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 1. The beginning!


I decided to start juicing to drop some unwanted weight and to clear up my problem skin.

I purchased my Black & Decker juicer for around $43 after tax from Macy's.
It works very well, my only complaint would be the small chute. It makes it a little time consuming because you can't put too many fruits or vegetables in at once. It's a minor inconvenience.

My weight as of September 12th was 167.7lbs. I was weighed at my doctor's office. I started prepping for the juicing fast 2 days before I started, which was September 22nd. I shopped at my local Giant and spent $68. I recommend going to a Produce Junction or somewhere fruit and vegetable are sold in bulk to save some money.

I drink all my juices over ice! 

Day 1: September 22
Breakfast: The Red Racer
1 cup raspberries
1 cup strawberries
2 oranges
2 apples
This juice was delicious!
Lunch: The Green Carrot
1 cup spinach
1/2 cucumber
2 stalks celery (with leaves)
3 carrots
1/2 apple
This wasn't too tasty but it was tolerable.
Dinner: Apple Green Grape
3 Granny Smith Apples
1 cup seedless grapes
1 thin wedge lemon peeled
I took this juice to work with me so I had it bottled in a container. If ever you need to juice-to-go make sure it's refrigerated until you're ready to drink in a tight sealed container.



I didn't get to weigh myself the morning of the first day but that night I weighed in at 164.2lbs. So I'll use this weight as my starting weight. Guess I'd already lost a few pounds since I'd visited the doctor. I'll weigh in the morning after day 7!


Day 1 DONE!
xoxo Mickey.



No comments:

Post a Comment